- Design Placement Tips
- Rip-Away Appliqué Fan Wear
- Decorate Hats
- Baseball Uniforms
- Basketball Uniforms
- Football Uniforms
- Hockey Jerseys
- Lacrosse Uniforms
- Softball Jerseys
- Soccer Uniforms
- Volleyball Uniforms
- Sublimated Polyester Garments
- Performance Wear
- Cheer Apparel
- Promotional Products
- Guide: 5 Ways to Personalize Jerseys
- eBook: Design Size and Placement
- eBook: Complete Guide to Printing Monograms
How to Decorate Performance Garments
The latest trend in sportswear, performance garments are becoming more popular every day. With name brands like Under Armour®, Myogrid®, Nike®, SanMar Sport-Tek®, these synthetic materials are light, stretchable, and engineered for breathability, moisture wicking, and quick drying.
Common obstacles to decorating performance wear
- Adhesion - Due to most performance wear being made of synthetic fabrics, not all heat transfer materials adhere properly.
- Scorching - With high-temperature heat transfer materials, there is a risk of scorching or melting the synthetic fabrics used to make performance wear.
- Heat Press Marks - The combination of high heat and high pressure can leave imprint marks on performance materials.
Heat printing accessories to make decorating performance wear successful:
Flexible Application Pad – This thin silicone rubber pad helps reduce the direct heat applied when decorating performance wear. Apply heat transfer materials for a longer duration at a lower temperature, reducing the risk of scorching and heat press marks.
Silicone Upper Platen Cover - This silicone cover attaches to the upper platen of the heat press and helps reduce marks and indentations on heat-sensitive materials like polyester, neoprene, and spandex.
CAD-CUT® Premium Plus™: recommended for decorating moisture-wicking, stretchable fabrics.
- Applies to a wide variety of materials
- Applies at lower temperatures, reducing the risk of scorching
- Excellent stretch and rebound properties
- Light, with a soft hand
CAD-COLOR® TEK™ Digital Materials: developed specifically for sportswear and performance garments.
- Adheres to almost any material
- Is lightweight, with a soft hand
- Offers exceptional stretch and rebound
- Applies at a low temperature, making it safe for heat-sensitive fabrics
Videos for Materials, Services & EquipmentView All Videos >
See the latest innovations in CAD-CUT® heat transfer materials and learn tips, tricks, and instructions on creating the best designs possible.Go To Materials Videos >
Learn how to use Stahls' products to start your own T-shirt business. Watch videos on services, accessories and more.Go To Services Videos >
Find the right heat printing equipment for your business and learn how to keep it running at full capacity.Go To Equipment Videos >
An error has occurred, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Please contact Customer Service at